[Bioc-devel] Can copy right holder and correspondence be two differentindividuals?

Martin Morgan martin.morgan at roswellpark.org
Sat May 20 20:03:31 CEST 2017

On 05/20/2017 01:29 PM, Gabe Becker wrote:
> So r packages don't really have a formal "corresponding author" concept,
> though they do have a number of related concepts that may do what you need:

The 'Maintainer' is the person the Bioconductor core team will actually
correspond with; it is not an honorific title but rather a practical
one. Your non-programming supervisor would be a poor choice for this
role. Of course they can still be an author, as they have most likely
contributed ideas or other resources that have shaped the software.

One thing about authors is that they gain both responsibility for the
software (they implicitly accept responsibility for the soundness of the
software) and control over the software (e.g., so strongly disagreeing
with the direction the software develops that they request that it be
removed).

Martin