[Bioc-devel] Can copy right holder and correspondence be two differentindividuals?

Gabe Becker becker.gabe at gene.com
Sat May 20 19:43:03 CEST 2017

Sorry I think I read that too fast. Imo tlif a pesos contributes
 substantially to the design of a package they can be listed in the
authors. I am (non-first) author for a couple of packages for which I
heavily contributed to the design but did not write any code. Note that the
design contributions should generally be at lesst domewhat substantial for
this approach imo.

If that is the case for your supervisor in my opinion she belongs in the
author list. If she manages you but wasn't rrally involved in deciding how
the package should behave or what it shoukd do and didn't do any
implementation then it gets murkier.

Anyway that's how I treat authorship for r packages.

Hope that helps,

~G