[Bioc-devel] Applying bugfixes to both 3.5 release branch and devel branch

Martin Morgan martin.morgan at roswellpark.org
Tue May 9 14:40:53 CEST 2017

On 05/08/2017 09:42 AM, Janssen-10, R.R.E. wrote:
> Dear Bioconductor developers,
>
> What's the proper way of applying bugfixes to both the 3.5 release branch and the devel branch?
> Should I simply commit the same things twice?

The ideal solution is to commit and test (full build cycle) on devel,
then svn merge <devel-url> <local-release-repo>, edit (e.g., version
number bump, and push release.

It can be tempting (or at least is for me) to make non-bug-fixes that
clean up some aspect of the devel code, and care should be taken that
these do not inadvertently slip into the release branch -- bug fixes
only in release.

Martin