[Bioc-devel] xps build problem on veracruz2

Hervé Pagès hpages at fredhutch.org
Thu Mar 23 17:47:12 CET 2017

Hi Christian,

The CRAN folks are currently experimenting with clang 4.0.0 for
producing the Mac binaries of R and CRAN packages so we are using
the same on veracruz2. This is a version of clang that is ahead of
what's in XCode 8.x or XCode 7.x. So I guess that means we'll have
to compile ROOT from source on veracruz2.

BTW any reason not to make xps work with ROOT 6?

Cheers,
H.

On 03/23/2017 07:28 AM, cstrato wrote:
> Dear Valerie,
>
> I have seen that you have set up a new Mac server, veracruz2, running El
> Capitan.
>
> Although the development version of xps does even run on Mac OS Sierra,
> one issue still remains the same:
>
> You need to install the latest ROOT version 5, since xps does not run
> with ROOT 6!
>
> So you need to install on veracruz2 the same root version that you have
> installed on toluca2 running Maverics, i.e.
> root_v5.34.36.macosx64-10.11-clang70.dmg
>
> However, if you have installed on El Capitan XCode 8.x instead of XCode
> 7.x, then you need to compile ROOT from source, i.e.:
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__root.cern.ch_download_root-5Fv5.34.36.source.tar.gz&d=DwICAg&c=eRAMFD45gAfqt84VtBcfhQ&r=BK7q3XeAvimeWdGbWY_wJYbW0WYiZvSXAJJKaaPhzWA&m=q9mk6yIytaNZlSdiLX_dFwchX8Tb7ra6x3WBBNIcs2o&s=Lz7YkqZ3XwjRsYIXVTbSvbDvTM-jTyoWvoVSa1PdBDw&e=
>
> The README file of xps does explain how to compile ROOT for Sierra. This
> should also be valid for El Capitan running XCode 8.x.
>
> Thank you in advance.
> Best regards,
> Christian
> _._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._