[Bioc-devel] Version update question and an error?

Shepherd, Lori Lori.Shepherd at RoswellPark.org
Tue Dec 12 13:44:29 CET 2017

  1.   Here is a page that describes versioning:

http://bioconductor.org/developers/how-to/version-numbering/

x.y.z

When there is a Bioconductor release we bump the 'y' version of the package to even for release and then again in devel so devel is odd and a version above the current release.  (when a package is accepted the first release version is 1.0.0 and devel 1.1.0)

So yes the next commit you would push should have a version 1.1.1.  You might also want to look at pulling changes from Bioconductor and pushing to local:

http://bioconductor.org/developers/how-to/git/pull-upstream-changes/

2.  If your package is building on linux and mac you can ignore the windows ERROR.  Most of these ERRORs are do to CRAN package binaries not being available yet for R 3.5.

Lori Shepherd

Bioconductor Core Team

Roswell Park Cancer Institute

Elm & Carlton Streets