[Bioc-devel] DaMiRseq: error while pushing

Mattia Chiesa mattia.chiesa at hotmail.it
Tue Dec 12 16:21:02 CET 2017

Dear All,
I am the mantainer of the DaMiRseq package.
I performed some relevant modificantions in the package (i.e. added functions, added the CITATION file, updated vignette and NEWS file) and now I'm ready to push (from a local folder to github and Bioconductor).
So, as usually, I typed:
git add .
git commit -m "message"
git push origin master
git push upstream master
(and typed the password)

Everything was ok for github (origin) but for Bioconductor an error occured:

Enter passphrase for key '/c/Users/mchiesa/.ssh/id_rsa':
To git.bioconductor.org:packages/DaMiRseq.git
 ! [rejected]        master -> master (fetch first)
error: failed to push some refs to 'git at git.bioconductor.org:packages/DaMiRseq.git'
hint: Updates were rejected because the remote contains work that you do
hint: not have locally. This is usually caused by another repository pushing
hint: to the same ref. You may want to first integrate the remote changes
hint: (e.g., 'git pull ...') before pushing again.
hint: See the 'Note about fast-forwards' in 'git push --help' for details.

What should I do?
Thanks in advance,
Mattia