[Bioc-devel] Package changes not merging with upstream

Martin Morgan martin.morgan at roswellpark.org
Fri Aug 25 19:27:50 CEST 2017

On 08/25/2017 01:17 PM, Matt Richards wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I maintain the "trena" package and I'm attempting to sync the changes from
> my in-house Github repo with the Bioconductor version. I submitted my ssh
> keys last week, so essentially I'm following these instructions:
>
> https://www.bioconductor.org/developers/how-to/git/sync-
> existing-repositories/
>
> I've seemingly made it from #1-8 successfully, but in trying to push to the
> upstream branch, I get an error:
>
> ------
>
> buoy:trena mrichard$ git push upstream master
>
> FATAL: W any packages/trena m.richards DENIED by fallthru
>
> (or you mis-spelled the reponame)

> Please make sure you have the correct access rights
>
> and the repository exists.
>
> ------
> I checked on my remotes via git config as well:
>
> ------
>
> remote.bioc.url=https://hedgehog.fhcrc.org/bioconductor/trunk/madman/
> Rpacks/TReNA
>
> remote.bioc.fetch=+refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/bioc/*
>
> remote.upstream.url=git at git.bioconductor.org:packages/trena.git
>
> remote.upstream.fetch=+refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/upstream/*
>
> ------
>
> Any idea on how I can navigate this error? Ultimately, we've made a lot of
> changes to the repo (including changing the capitalization of the package
> from "TReNA" to "trena") and I definitely want to get in those updates for
> the next release.

This was an error on our side and should be fixed now.

We maintain a 'manifest' of packages in each Bioconductor release. The
package name was changed in the manifest and in the svn repository, but
not in the svn permissions file. When we made git permissions, the svn
permissions weren't copied over because the svn path wasn't in the manifest.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Martin