[Bioc-devel] Package changes not merging with upstream

Matt Richards Matt.Richards at systemsbiology.org
Fri Aug 25 19:17:40 CEST 2017

Hi all,

I maintain the "trena" package and I'm attempting to sync the changes from
my in-house Github repo with the Bioconductor version. I submitted my ssh
keys last week, so essentially I'm following these instructions:

https://www.bioconductor.org/developers/how-to/git/sync-
existing-repositories/

I've seemingly made it from #1-8 successfully, but in trying to push to the
upstream branch, I get an error:

------

buoy:trena mrichard$ git push upstream master

FATAL: W any packages/trena m.richards DENIED by fallthru

(or you mis-spelled the reponame)

and the repository exists.

------
I checked on my remotes via git config as well:

------

remote.bioc.url=https://hedgehog.fhcrc.org/bioconductor/trunk/madman/
Rpacks/TReNA

remote.bioc.fetch=+refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/bioc/*

remote.upstream.url=git at git.bioconductor.org:packages/trena.git

remote.upstream.fetch=+refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/upstream/*

------

Any idea on how I can navigate this error? Ultimately, we've made a lot of
changes to the repo (including changing the capitalization of the package
from "TReNA" to "trena") and I definitely want to get in those updates for
the next release.

Thanks
Matt
--