[Bioc-devel] Build failure for new package

Martin Morgan martin.morgan at roswellpark.org
Sat Oct 15 01:53:11 CEST 2016

On 10/14/2016 05:52 PM, Martin Morgan wrote:
> On 10/14/2016 05:09 PM, Tyler Smith wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> My flowPloidy package has been accepted into the devel branch, and I've
>> now received a warning about a build failure:
>>
>> http://master.bioconductor.org/checkResults/3.4/bioc-LATEST/flowPloidy/malbec1-buildsrc.html
>>

>> The error indicates that the flowPloidy vignette failed to compile,
>> because the flowPloidyData package (submitted together with flowPloidy,
>> and added to BC devel at the same time) doesn't yet exist.
>>
>> I assume this is a timing issue that will resolve itself once both
>> packages are properly installed in the SVN repository. Please let me
>> know if I need to do anything to correct it.
>
> yes, the ExperimentData packages are built a couple of times a week, so
> flowPloidyData wouldn't have been available for last night's build. It
> should be available for tomorrow's build.

actually the ExperimentData packages are built nightly now, but still
the flowPloidyData pacakge wasn't built for the first time until today,
so wasn't available for flowPloidy during the last build run.
flowPloidyData built successfully last night

   http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/3.4/data-experiment-LATEST/

so should be available for the software builds that will be reported
tomorrow (all being well; look for the 'page was generated' day of Sat,
15 Oct tomorrow afternoon).

   http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/3.4/bioc-LATEST/

Martin