[Bioc-devel] Build failure for new package

Martin Morgan martin.morgan at roswellpark.org
Fri Oct 14 23:52:26 CEST 2016

On 10/14/2016 05:09 PM, Tyler Smith wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My flowPloidy package has been accepted into the devel branch, and I've
> now received a warning about a build failure:
>
> http://master.bioconductor.org/checkResults/3.4/bioc-LATEST/flowPloidy/malbec1-buildsrc.html
>
> The error indicates that the flowPloidy vignette failed to compile,
> because the flowPloidyData package (submitted together with flowPloidy,
> and added to BC devel at the same time) doesn't yet exist.
>
> I assume this is a timing issue that will resolve itself once both
> packages are properly installed in the SVN repository. Please let me
> know if I need to do anything to correct it.

yes, the ExperimentData packages are built a couple of times a week, so
flowPloidyData wouldn't have been available for last night's build. It
should be available for tomorrow's build.

> Probably related, I'm still unable to complete the `git svn rebase` step
> to upload changes to the BC repository - I get the following error:
>
>     Unable to determine upstream SVN information from working tree
>     history
>
> Again, I'm assuming this is a transient issue that will get sorted out
> as the repositories are updated over the next few days. If I've broken
> something that I need to fix, please let me know!

No, this is some git / svn interaction that you'll have to fix.
unfortunately I'm not enough of a git expert to know how to help; it is
always possible and often more straight forward to use svn directly.

Martin