[Bioc-devel] msPurity check failure on Windows

Thomas Lawson thomas.nigel.lawson at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 17:16:12 CEST 2016

Hi Martin,

That's great thanks!

After running the following code in my unit test:

msmsPths <- list.files(system.file("extdata", "lcms", "mzML",
package="msPurityData"), full.names = TRUE, pattern = "MSMS")
xset <- xcms::xcmsSet(msmsPths, nSlaves = 1)
xset <- xcms::group(xset)
xset <- xcms::retcor(xset)
xset <- xcms::group(xset)

I get an error that is coming from either xcms::xcmsSet or xcms::group, see
the bottom of the message for full error.

Error in signalCondition(e) :
  no function to return from, jumping to top level
Calls: <Anonymous> -> .handleSimpleError -> h -> signalCondition

I was thinking it was do with how I was calling the XCMS functions but
perhaps it is more likely to do with the "nSlaves" parameter for xcmsSet
that is now deprecated.

Either way I am now finding it difficult to repeat the error on my local
windows machine.

I think the following updated code should now pass (I have also removed the
additional retcor and group function calls as they were not required for
the testing).

library(xcms)
msmsPths <- list.files(system.file("extdata", "lcms", "mzML",
package="msPurityData"), full.names = TRUE, pattern = "MSMS")
xset <- xcmsSet(msmsPths)
xset <- group(xset)

My most recent code should is now on the git mirror [1] and the test script
in question is called test.lcms.R [2]

Kind regards,
Tom

[1] https://github.com/Bioconductor-mirror/msPurity/

[2]
https://github.com/Bioconductor-mirror/msPurity/blob/master/tests/testthat/test.lcms.R

Error message

1: xcms::xcmsSet at testthat/test.lcms.R:7
2: getExportedValue(pkg, name)
3: asNamespace(ns)
4: getNamespace(ns)
5: tryCatch(loadNamespace(name), error = function(e) stop(e))
6: tryCatchList(expr, classes, parentenv, handlers)
7: tryCatchOne(expr, names, parentenv, handlers[[1L]])
8: doTryCatch(return(expr), name, parentenv, handler)
9: loadNamespace(name)
10: namespaceImportFrom(ns, loadNamespace(j <- i[[1L]], c(lib.loc,
.libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[j]]),
       i[[2L]], from = package)
11: asNamespace(ns)
12: loadNamespace(j <- i[[1L]], c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[j]])
13: methods::cacheMetaData(ns, TRUE, ns)
14: .updateMethodsInTable(fdef, where, attach)
15: .mergeMethodsTable(generic, mtable, tt, attach)
16: .resetTable(table, ns, signames)
17: as(ifelse(seqN > length(newSig), anyLabel, newSig), "signature")
18: asMethod(object)
19: `as<-`(`*tmp*`, "character", value = c("ANY", "ANY"))
20: asMethod(object, Class, value)
21: setDataPart(structure(character(0), .Names = character(0), package
= character(0), class = structure("signature", package = "methods")),
       c("ANY", "ANY"))
22: .dataSlot(names(slots))
23: match(dataSlot, slotNames, 0)
24: (function (x)
   x$.self$finalize())(<environment>)

Error in signalCondition(e) :
  no function to return from, jumping to top level
Calls: <Anonymous> -> .handleSimpleError -> h -> signalCondition
166 229 291 354 416 479
Retention Time Correction Groups: 351
166 229 291 354 416 479
164 227 289 352 414 477