[Bioc-devel] package build failing in Windows with "Failed to locate the 'texi2pdf' output file"

Martin, Tiphaine tiphaine.martin at kcl.ac.uk
Tue Mar 29 10:55:25 CEST 2016

I have the same issue build failing in Windows and Mac for the release version, but not for devel version that are similar as I didn't do some update from the last release.

I did some update on my GitHub recently and I tried to follow different advice to push my update to SVN of Bioconductor. I have the same error that I want to update any branch when I run "git svn dcommit --add-author-from".

 Unable to determine upstream SVN information from HEAD history.
 Perhaps the repository is empty. at /usr/lib/git-core/git-svn line 866.

Beforehand, I used git-svn bridge that could be the origin of issue, but I don't know how to handle because I tried to cherry-pick, it told me that I have empty pick.

  When I did Sunday, it creates a request for a pull on  https://github.com/Bioconductor-mirror/coMET. This request is not more here and no of my branch are updated.

I don't know what to do. If one of you have any advice, I am happy to try it.


Tiphaine Martin
PhD Research Student | King's College
The Department of Twin Research & Genetic Epidemiology | Genetics & Molecular Medicine Division
St Thomas' Hospital
4th Floor, Block D, South Wing
SE1 7EH, London
United Kingdom

email : tiphaine.martin at kcl.ac.uk
Fax: +44 (0) 207 188 6761

From: Bioc-devel <bioc-devel-bounces at r-project.org> on behalf of Ramon Diaz-Uriarte <rdiaz02 at gmail.com>
Sent: 29 March 2016 09:34
To: bioc-devel at r-project.org
Cc: ramon.diaz at iib.uam.es
Subject: [Bioc-devel] package build failing in Windows with "Failed to  locate the 'texi2pdf' output file"

Dear All,

I have a package, ADaCGH2, that I just noticed has failed to build in
Windows in the latest report
(https://www.bioconductor.org/checkResults/devel/bioc-LATEST/ADaCGH2/moscato2-buildsrc.html). The
error is the dreaded

Error in find_vignette_product(name, by = "texi2pdf", engine = engine) :
  Failed to locate the 'texi2pdf' output file (by engine 'utils::Sweave')
  for vignette

But I just run the build and check three times on a local windows machine
(with 3.3.0 alpha, r70387) and build and check are fine. Moreover, this
package has not changed at all in a long time, so I do not understand why
it should be failing now when it was not failing in previous reports
(though I am not sure when it first started failing) and there is, in fact,
a Windows binary for this version from the BioC page

I am not sure how to proceed.



Ramon Diaz-Uriarte
Department of Biochemistry, Lab B-25
Facultad de Medicina
Universidad Autónoma de Madrid
Arzobispo Morcillo, 4
28029 Madrid

Phone: +34-91-497-2412

Email: rdiaz02 at gmail.com
       ramon.diaz at iib.uam.es


Bioc-devel at r-project.org mailing list

More information about the Bioc-devel mailing list