[Bioc-devel] package build failing in Windows with "Failed to locate the 'texi2pdf' output file"

Ramon Diaz-Uriarte rdiaz02 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 10:34:04 CEST 2016

Dear All,

I have a package, ADaCGH2, that I just noticed has failed to build in
Windows in the latest report
(https://www.bioconductor.org/checkResults/devel/bioc-LATEST/ADaCGH2/moscato2-buildsrc.html). The
error is the dreaded

Error in find_vignette_product(name, by = "texi2pdf", engine = engine) :
  Failed to locate the 'texi2pdf' output file (by engine 'utils::Sweave')
  for vignette

But I just run the build and check three times on a local windows machine
(with 3.3.0 alpha, r70387) and build and check are fine. Moreover, this
package has not changed at all in a long time, so I do not understand why
it should be failing now when it was not failing in previous reports
(though I am not sure when it first started failing) and there is, in fact,
a Windows binary for this version from the BioC page
(https://www.bioconductor.org/packages/3.3/bioc/html/ADaCGH2.html).

I am not sure how to proceed.

Best,

R.