[Bioc-devel] notify out-dated branches

Dan Tenenbaum dtenenba at fredhutch.org
Sun Jun 12 19:02:38 CEST 2016

----- Original Message -----

We have implemented your suggestion for package landing pages for old versions 2.8 through 3.2.
For technical reasons, it will take a little longer to implement this for versions prior to 2.8.

We try to make sure that search engines do not index old package landing pages, but
people sometimes still link to a particular version of a package landing page in publications, etc.
As Martin points out, it's best to use the "short URL" of the package, for example:

https://bioconductor.org/packages/a4/

If you click on that page and go to the bottom you will see a line saying
"Package Short Url". And then if you mouse over the short url it says

"Canonical url for use in publications, etc., will always redirect to current release version (or devel if package is not in release yet).".

Thanks,
Dan