[Bioc-devel] notify out-dated branches

Martin Morgan martin.morgan at roswellpark.org
Wed Jun 8 11:30:11 CEST 2016

On 06/08/2016 04:44 AM, Yu, Guangchuang wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I found many peoples still using (and asking questions of) out-dated branch
> of Bioconductor packages that are no longer maintained.
>
> I think it would be great to have a message notifying them when they are
> browsing the web page of out-dated branches, just like we have a message
> for devel branch.
>
> For example, for BioC 3.2, a message like:
>
> This is the BioC 3.2 version of XXX_pkg; for the current stable release
> version, see XXX_pkg_url.

thanks for the suggestion.

The community can help guide people to the current landing page by using
urls of the form https://bioconductor.org/packages/YourPacakge, without
any version specification -- this is easy to type and remember, and
redirects to the 'release' landing page (or devel landing page if the
package is not yet in release).

Martin