[Bioc-devel] C library or C package API for regular expressions

Morgan, Martin Martin.Morgan at roswellpark.org
Mon Jan 25 13:08:01 CET 2016

There is discussion at

    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/23556205/using-boost-regex-with-rcpp

pointing to

    http://gallery.rcpp.org/articles/boost-regular-expressions/

There is a Bioconductor example in that bundles the regex library at flowCore/src/

    https://github.com/Bioconductor-mirror/flowCore

A second example is in the mzR package.

A real question is, do you really need this functionality at the C level?

A secondary question is that if several packages are using this functionality, then perhaps the library could be bundled separately and made available just once; zlibbioc does something like this (sort of; zlib is only needed on Windows). The flowCore and mzR maintainers (cc'd) might be a valuable resource in this regard.

Martin