[Bioc-devel] Doubts about version numbers and git-snv bridge

Alessandro Mammana mammana at molgen.mpg.de
Mon Jan 18 17:19:19 CET 2016

Dear bioc-coders,

it's a long time I don't push an update to my package "bamsignals" so
that I almost forgot how to do that :D

I have a doubt about version numbers. Currently the GitHub repository,
which is mirrored to the svn repository, has the version 1.1.0 in it.
According to the website
https://www.bioconductor.org/developers/version-numbering/ this means
that the version in GitHub is a develop package before its first
release cycle. However bamsignals already went through at least 1
release cycle, so I would expect some commits coming from svn bumping
the version number to 1.3.0. This is, by the way, the version number
shown in https://www.bioconductor.org/packages/devel/bioc/html/bamsignals.html.

Should I not expect the git-svn bridge to bump the version numbers by
2 in the master branch of my GitHub repo after every release?
Should I set the version number to 1.3.1 for my next commit?

Thanks for the clarification,
Alessandro

--
Alessandro Mammana, PhD Student
Max Planck Institute for Molecular Genetics