[Bioc-devel] Custom build of packages

Steffen Neumann sneumann at ipb-halle.de
Fri Apr 22 21:58:13 CEST 2016

Hi,

On Fr, 2016-04-22 at 10:32 -0400, Kasper Daniel Hansen wrote:
> 2. To others: I do agree that having preconfigured VMs for specific
> platforms would be very worthwhile, especially for Windows, as we have just
> seen with mzR.
Thanks again for your heroic help there !

> But it would also take effort and there may be licensing
> issues related to having an OS ready for download (especially on Windows).
Yes, download will not be possible due to licensing.

But what about providing Amazon AWS Windows instances (or whatever provider)
with BioC installed ? I'd then log into AWS with my own credentials,
pay ~20c per hour (IIRC that includes the windows license),
connect via RDP or to an rstudio server running on that instance,
and fix stuff.

Bonus points if the chosen provider also offers MacOS.

Yours,
Steffen

--
IPB Halle                    AG Massenspektrometrie & Bioinformatik
Dr. Steffen Neumann          http://www.IPB-Halle.DE