[Bioc-devel] Custom build of packages

Kasper Daniel Hansen kasperdanielhansen at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 16:32:18 CEST 2016

1. To Ruiz: right now there are tons of changes happening all the time
because we are close to a release.  So what you're asking is much harder
than what you think it is.  Basically, it'll not happen.  What you first
and foremost need to do, is to setup a build on your local machine (which
is seems you have done).  That will help you with many, many problems - but
not problems which are package specific.

2. To others: I do agree that having preconfigured VMs for specific
platforms would be very worthwhile, especially for Windows, as we have just
seen with mzR.  But it would also take effort and there may be licensing
issues related to having an OS ready for download (especially on Windows).
I am not up to date on the docker efforts, perhaps that is the way to go
(but I don't know if that'll help us on Windows).  Perhaps having a
detailed discussion with potential solutions will help us understand to
what extend it is possible and how much effort it requires.