[Bioc-devel] System Requirements for imported packages

Kasper Daniel Hansen kasperdanielhansen at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 21:53:30 CEST 2016

What Martin is hinting at, is that if you end up depending on a package
which is really hard to install, your users indirectly will suffer.  And
that should be a consideration when you choose to depend on another package.

I have certainly had situations where I have tried to avoid depending on
package A because I did not like the additional dependencies for A.  You're
basically making yourself more vulnerable.  Of course, if package A is
awesome, it may be worth all this.

Kasper