[Bioc-devel] System Requirements for imported packages

Zach Skidmore zskidmor at genome.wustl.edu
Wed Apr 20 18:14:45 CEST 2016

Hi All,

I'm curious what the preferred method is for dealing with System
Requirements originating from an imported package. For example, if I had
a package that imported `biomaRt` which itself imports `XML` which has
the SystemRequirement `libxml2` how is that dealt with? Are package
installers expected to troubleshoot this (via install messages), should
I put this requirement and install instructions for `libxml2` in a
README for my package?

Thanks for any input,
Zach

--
Zachary L. Skidmore
Staff Scientist

____
This email message is a private communication. The information transmitted, including attachments, is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential, privileged, and/or proprietary material. Any review, duplication, retransmission, distribution, or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is unauthorized by the sender and is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please contact the sender immediately by return email and delete the original message from all computer systems. Thank you.