[Bioc-devel] OpenMP on OS X

Aaron Taudt aaron.taudt at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 17:21:26 CEST 2016

Hi,

I am using openmp support in my C++ code and it builds just fine on Windows
and Linux. The morelia build output for OS X however yields the following
error:

In file included from ./R_interface.h:5:
./scalehmm.h:16:10: fatal error: 'libiomp/omp.h' file not found
#include <libiomp/omp.h> // parallelization options on mac
         ^
1 error generated.

I use the following code to include the omp.h for OS X:

#if defined TARGET_OS_MAC || defined __APPLE__
#include <libiomp/omp.h> // parallelization options on mac
#elif defined __linux__ || defined _WIN32 || defined _WIN64
#include <omp.h> // parallelization options
#endif

What is the correct way to enable the openMP support for OS X?

Regards,
Aaron