[Bioc-devel] need advice on how to fix build error in windows

Krithika Bhuvaneshwar kb472 at georgetown.edu
Fri Apr 8 22:31:24 CEST 2016

Dear Biconductor team,

We are developers of newly accepted Bioconductor package CINdex. Our
package is meant for DNA copy number data analysis, and the example
data we use is from Affymetrix SNP 6.0 , so we use
'pd.genomewidesnp.6' annotation package for Affymetrix SNP 6.0 in our
vignette.

Our package built without errors before the Windows tool chain error
started. Now the error is "there is no package called
'pd.genomewidesnp.6'. Execution halted".

We see that package 'pd.genomewidesnp.6' is not present in BioC 3.3
devel. So will the 'pd.genomewidesnp.6'  from Bio C 3.2 be carried
over to the production version ?

My question is: how do we go about resolving this error, which is
dependent on another package ? Will fixing the windows tool chain fix
the problem, in which case we just wait and watch ?

We definitely want to have our package in BioC 3.3 release.. So any
advice will help

Thanks,
Krithika