[Bioc-devel] Build error on Moscato2 for mzR

Steffen Neumann sneumann at ipb-halle.de
Thu Apr 7 11:03:23 CEST 2016

Hi Samuel,

On Do, 2016-04-07 at 10:28 +0200, Samuel Wieczorek wrote:
[...]
> which needs the mzR package.
> The latter package has build error since a few days and this
> propagates
> errors on the other packages.
We're painfully aware of the build failure of mzR. I opened an issue
for it on https://github.com/sneumann/mzR/issues/36

I know one person who was able to build mzR on the new
toolchain https://github.com/sneumann/mzR/issues/34#issuecomment-190231
559

Unfortunately none of us is a Windows wizard,
and I even failed to install a working development
environment on a virtual machine. If you or someone
else would help out with a patch for issue #36,
that would be awesome. I am currently unsure if we need
to modify the CFLAGS so that only one of the files
contains the std symbols, or the LDFLAGS so that
the linker realises that it can chose one of the symbols.

Please head over to the github issue and continue discussion
for fixes there, I can also test and upload any suggested patches
to the SinglePackageBuilder.

Thanks for any help,
yours,
Steffen

--
IPB Halle                    AG Massenspektrometrie & Bioinformatik
Dr. Steffen Neumann          http://www.IPB-Halle.DE