[Bioc-devel] 49 software packages either have no vignettes or their vignettes are not built by R CMD build!

Karim Mezhoud kmezhoud at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 02:09:37 CEST 2016

Hi,
I repeated several times the clone ....And I success for one time the
commit but with mistakes. I can't repeat the steps again.

git merge master --log

And I had a conflict between versions. I omit conflicts and I

git svn dcommit --add-author-from

##############################
A....
A.....
A.....
All files are added

ERROR from SVN:
A repository hook failed: Commit blocked by pre-commit hook (exit code 1)
with output:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/extra/svndata/gentleman/svnroot/bioconductor/hooks/DESCRIPTION_hook/check_for_bad_version.py",
line 277, in <module>
    process_diff(diff)
  File
"/extra/svndata/gentleman/svnroot/bioconductor/hooks/DESCRIPTION_hook/check_for_bad_version.py",
line 112, in process_diff
    filename = segs0[1]
IndexError: list index out of range

W: bc9bed01f7b03d6da5b345d2699822d197b202b4 and refs/remotes/git-svn-devel
differ, using rebase:
:100644 100644 d4a2ec80b4623bc866606de39e06ff33e60056a8
cea7fa70e88adf9033fce5d7a846944c3431ee85 M    .gitignore
:100755 100755 6b7df529709f10184b376d69d5ea9f3ae9e1d3fe
15ac213b3484b967cceabc0c0e22bda2d654b27a M    DESCRIPTION
:040000 040000 e2c182ee6256b99e4c83e2dac8e7576fedeef302
7865b7a8f6a9e5e3b0bba7605de8f9e3abfb070a M    vignettes

It seems that there is already a rebase-apply directory, and
I wonder if you are in the middle of another rebase.  If that is the
case, please try
    git rebase (--continue | --abort | --skip)
If that is not the case, please
    rm -fr "/Volumes/DATA/canceRwrksp3/canceR/.git/rebase-apply"
and run me again.  I am stopping in case you still have something
valuable there.
rebase refs/remotes/git-svn-devel: command returned error: 1
@#####################################

I removed

rm -fr /Volumes/DATA/canceRwrksp3/canceR/.git/rebase-apply

and

git svn rebase

###########################
First, rewinding head to replay your work on top of it...
Applying: canceR0.99.1
Using index info to reconstruct a base tree...
.git/rebase-apply/patch:102: trailing whitespace.

.git/rebase-apply/patch:103: trailing whitespace.

.git/rebase-apply/patch:106: trailing whitespace.

.git/rebase-apply/patch:113: trailing whitespace.

.git/rebase-apply/patch:120: trailing whitespace.

warning: squelched 7388 whitespace errors
warning: 7393 lines add whitespace errors.
Falling back to patching base and 3-way merge...
error: The following untracked working tree files would be overwritten by
merge:
    vignettes/._canceR.pdf
Please move or remove them before you can merge.
Aborting
error: Failed to merge in the changes.
Patch failed at 0001 canceR0.99.1
The copy of the patch that failed is found in: .git/rebase-apply/patch

When you have resolved this problem, run "git rebase --continue".
If you prefer to skip this patch, run "git rebase --skip" instead.
To check out the original branch and stop rebasing, run "git rebase
--abort".

rebase refs/remotes/git-svn-devel: command returned error: 128
###############################

I did not found any whitespace in path file line: 102, 103, 106, 113, 120

patch file from 112 to 120:

*@@ -0,0 +1,73 @@*

*+Match_GeneList_MSigDB <- function(){*

*+    *

*+    *

*+    ttdialogMSigDB<-tktoplevel()*

*+    tktitle(ttdialogMSigDB) <- "Setting MSigDB Directory"*

*+    *

*+    fromDir <- function(){*

*+        ##Select directory which has MSigDB*

*+        myGlobalEnv$dirMSigDBPath <- tk_choose.dir()*

*+        tkdestroy(ttdialogMSigDB)*

*+        #return(dirMSigDBPath)*

*+    }*

*+    *

*+    fromExample <- function(){*

*+        ##Or select MSigDB from package*

*+        myGlobalEnv$dirMSigDBPath <-
paste(path.package("canceR"),"/extdata/MSigDB/",sep="")*

*+        tkdestroy(ttdialogMSigDB)*

*+        #return(dirMSigDBPath)*

 after I    git svn rebase