[Bioc-devel] Vignette questions: location of html BiocStyle vignette, fake + real vignettes not necessary?

Andrzej Oleś andrzej.oles at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 00:18:37 CET 2015

Hi Leonardo,

thank you for considering using BiocStyle for your vignettes! Please read
below.

On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 10:17 PM, Dan Tenenbaum <dtenenba at fredhutch.org>
wrote:

> [...]

There is no specific reason for this other than convenience: at some point
I had the idea of providing a template for BiocStyle::html_document and
figured out that the package vignette itself could serve that purpose. So
to avoid redundancy I put the vignette in the templates directory which is
discovered by RStudio/rmarkdown, and link to it from the  vignettes
directory in order to build it as the package vignette as well. The other
way round wouldn't probably work as the vignette source gets copied to
/inst/doc upon installation. I don't see any obvious reason how this
approach could affect performance in any way, either positively or
negatively.

Cheers,
Andrzej