[Bioc-devel] BiocGenerics attach when GenomicFeatures imported

Marcin Cieślik marcin.cieslik at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 14:11:59 CEST 2015

Dear Bioc Developers,

I am developing a package that depends on GenomicFeatures which I am adding
to my package using Imports: and import(GenomicFeatures). However, when I
use the "genes" function the "BiocGenerics" package gets attached (I am not
adding BiocGenerics to my Depends:).

Am I missing something? Why would a package be non-explicitly attached?

Yours,
Marcin

A tiny hopefully reproducible example:

download package:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_OomVx_ca5wcEVmR3JVMWp5YTA
R CMD INSTALL /mctp/users/mcieslik/attch_0.0.0.9000.tar.gz
from R:
library(attch)
att()
Attaching package: ‘BiocGenerics’

The following objects are masked from ‘package:parallel’: