[Bioc-devel] Help using Git with Bioconductor SVN repositories

Peter Hickey peter.hickey at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 03:46:08 CEST 2015

I used to use the git-svn bridge for my GenomicTuples package, which I
develop on GitHub. Several months ago I attempted to switch to the new
method described at
http://bioconductor.org/developers/how-to/git-mirrors/ but made a
complete mess of it. This wasn't so important at the time since I
didn't actually have any changes to add, but now I want to do some
development on the package so I'm revisiting the issue. Unfortunately
I'm still making a complete mess of it and would appreciate some help.

I first tried to use my existing GitHub-hosted repo
(https://github.com/PeteHaitch/GenomicTuples). This resulted in a
horrendous pile of merge conflicts that scared me off.

Then I tried forking the repo available from bioconductor-mirror
(https://github.com/Bioconductor-mirror/GenomicTuples). This resulted
in an error due to a non-existent devel branch.

I've posted the complete set of commands and output to
https://gist.github.com/PeteHaitch/c633527fc4610de1832e

Thanks in advance for any help with my self-inflicted mess,
Pete