[Bioc-devel] readGAlignmentPairs with discordant strand

Michael Lawrence lawrence.michael at gene.com
Fri Oct 16 15:48:31 CEST 2015

It does seem like starting with the more general data structure is the
better approach, but I couldn't find an easy way to move the paired subset
of GAlignmentsList to GAlignmentPairs. You mention a coercion, but it's not
obvious to me, unfortunately.

Another approach would be a GAlignmentPairs where the unpaired reads have
"missing" mates. I know GAlignments has no concept of missing, but it would
get everything into a single data structure that is convenient for
computing on pairs.