[Bioc-devel] Base class for interaction data - expressions of interest

Aaron Lun alun at wehi.edu.au
Mon Nov 16 10:33:19 CET 2015

Hello all,

I thought I might give an update on the state of affairs for the
InteractionSet package. Currently, there's three classes:

- the GInteractions class, inheriting from Vector and intended to
represent pairwise interactions between genomic regions (based on
suggestions from Malcolm Perry and Liz Ing-Simmons).

- the InteractionSet class, inheriting from SummarizedExperiment0 and
containing a GInteractions object; intended to store experimental data
about pairwise interactions (one interaction per row).

- the ContactMatrix class, inheriting from Annotated and storing data in
matrix form (where rows/columns represent genomic regions).

Getters, setters, conversion methods between classes, distance
calculation methods and overlap methods have been implemented. Man pages
and "testthat" scripts have also been written. Still missing a vignette,
though it should be easy enough to write one.

All in all, I think it's a solid first draft. Any comments would be
appreciated.

Cheers,

Aaron