[Bioc-devel] development vs release version

Vincent Carey stvjc at channing.harvard.edu
Sun Mar 22 19:42:52 CET 2015

On Sun, Mar 22, 2015 at 2:27 PM, Eric Frichot <eric.frichot at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Ok. Thanks for your help. It worked with the r-devel
>
> I assume that my package will be available with the current version of R
> after the next bioconductor release ?

The next Bioconductor release will follow on the transition of
R-release/R-patched to
the 3.2.x series.

> If I add a new version for my package, after the release, people will also
> have to install the r-devel to access this new version ?

The current R-devel, 3.2.x, will be the released version in a couple of
weeks.  That is
what folks will have to use to get your package in the release version.
Those using
R-devel later on can get the devel version of your package as it evolves.

Some relevant concepts are at

http://master.bioconductor.org/developers/how-to/version-numbering/

but ... there is likely a more transparent discussion of the release/devel
distinctions
somewhere that I am not finding currently.  If questions remain please let
us know.