[Bioc-devel] development vs release version

Dan Tenenbaum dtenenba at fredhutch.org
Sun Mar 22 19:57:59 CET 2015

----- Original Message -----

Actually, R-devel is currently version 3.3.0. You should not use this version, instead you should use what's currently R-alpha (3.2.0).

> That is
> what folks will have to use to get your package in the release
> version.
> Those using
> R-devel later on can get the devel version of your package as it
> evolves.
>
> Some relevant concepts are at
>
> http://master.bioconductor.org/developers/how-to/version-numbering/
>
> but ... there is likely a more transparent discussion of the
> release/devel
> distinctions
> somewhere that I am not finding currently.  If questions remain
> please let
> us know.

It's discussed a bit at http://bioconductor.org/developers/how-to/source-control/ under "where to commit.

See also http://bioconductor.org/developers/package-submission/#acceptance .