[Bioc-devel] developer profiles on bioconductor.org

Dan Tenenbaum dtenenba at fredhutch.org
Tue Mar 17 01:41:07 CET 2015

----- Original Message -----

Sounds like a good idea. In order to do this, we first have to set up some kind of mechanism for ensuring that maintainers sign up for the support site (with the same email they have in their Maintainer field) or signing them up automatically.
I'd also like to automatically subscribe them to the tags corresponding to the packages they've written, so that they'll get email when someone posts a question tagged with their package name. And also BiocCheck should probably check that all this is set up properly.

With the release coming up we may not get to this for a while. But I'm creating https://github.com/Bioconductor/support.bioconductor.org/issues/24 so we don't lose track of it.

Dan