[Bioc-devel] BamTallyParam argument 'which'

Michael Lawrence lawrence.michael at gene.com
Mon Feb 23 19:37:26 CET 2015

We just have to decide which is the more useful interpretation of which --
as a simple restriction, or as a vector of meaningful locii, which will be
analyzed individually? I would actually favor the first one (the same as
yours), just because it's simpler. To keep track of the query ranges, we
would need to add a new column to the returned object, which will more
often than not just be clutter. I guess we could introduce a new parameter,
"reduceWhich" which defaults to TRUE and reduces the which. If FALSE, it
instead adds the column mapping back to the original which ranges.