[Bioc-devel] BamTallyParam argument 'which'

Thomas Sandmann sandmann.thomas at gene.com
Sun Feb 22 23:36:18 CET 2015

Hi Michael,

ah, I see. I hadn't realized that returning the pileups separately for each
region could be a desired feature, but that makes sense. I agree, as it is
easy for the user to 'reduce' the ranges beforehand your first option (e.g.
returning the ID of the range) would be more flexible.

Perhaps you would consider adding a sentence to the documentation of
'which' on BamTallyParam's help page explaining that users might want to
'reduce' their ranges beforehand if they are only interested in a single
tally for each base ?

Thanks a lot !
Thomas