[Bioc-devel] git svn trouble on release branch

Kyle Bemis kbemis at purdue.edu
Fri Dec 18 19:43:05 CET 2015

Dear all,

I’m working from a prior-existing Github repo, and trying to commit a bug fix to the release-3.2 branch, and git svn is only giving me errors.

Trying 'git svn info' or 'git svn rebase’ only gives me “Unable to determine SVN information from working tree history”

The potential fixes I’ve found suggest cherry picking commits on the master/devel branch, but I only need to commit to the release-3.2 branch. Everything *looks* in sync on the release branch, so I don’t know if I need to clean up the master/devel branch too (which sounds like it will be a pain) just to get things working for the release branch. I’m not sure what I should be doing here.

Any suggestions?

Thank you,
Kyle

----