[Bioc-devel] ncdf deprecation

Hervé Pagès hpages at fredhutch.org
Tue Dec 1 09:14:33 CET 2015

Hi Stephanie,

Thanks for the heads-up. Yes we'll add ncdf to the "extra" repos for
BioC 3.2 and probably to 3.3 too. That will prevent BioC 3.2 from
breaking when ncdf is removed from CRAN and also give some extra time
to developers to modify their package in devel (BioC 3.3) to use ncdf4
instead.

Cheers,
H.

On 11/30/2015 03:42 PM, Stephanie M. Gogarten wrote:
> I was notified today that the ncdf package is deprecated and will be
> removed from CRAN in January. Since this date does not correspond with a
> Bioconductor release, is it possible to add ncdf to the Bioconductor
> "extra" repository for the duration of this release? I will modify
> GWASTools to use the ncdf4 package, but such a major change does not
> seem appropriate to introduce into the release branch.
>
> The Bioconductor packages TargetSearch and xcms are affected as well as
> GWASTools.
>
> thanks,
> Stephanie

Hervé Pagès