[Bioc-devel] ncdf deprecation

Stephanie M. Gogarten sdmorris at u.washington.edu
Tue Dec 1 00:42:50 CET 2015

I was notified today that the ncdf package is deprecated and will be
removed from CRAN in January. Since this date does not correspond with a
Bioconductor release, is it possible to add ncdf to the Bioconductor
"extra" repository for the duration of this release? I will modify
GWASTools to use the ncdf4 package, but such a major change does not
seem appropriate to introduce into the release branch.

The Bioconductor packages TargetSearch and xcms are affected as well as
GWASTools.

thanks,
Stephanie