[Bioc-devel] BioC 3.1 branch created

Henrik Bengtsson henrik.bengtsson at ucsf.edu
Fri Apr 17 03:57:45 CEST 2015

On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 1:23 PM, Dan Tenenbaum <dtenenba at fredhutch.org> wrote:
> The BioC 3.1 branch is now ready.
>
> Remember, you always have access to 2 versions of your package:
> the "release" and the "devel" versions.
>
> Right now the "release" version of your package (which is not
> officially released yet but will be tomorrow if
> everything goes well) is in the 3.1 branch and accessible at:
>
> https://hedgehog.fhcrc.org/bioconductor/branches/RELEASE_3_1/madman/Rpacks/<PKGNAME>
>
> Only bug fixes and documentation improvements should go here.
>
> As always the "devel" version of your package is at:
>
>  https://hedgehog.fhcrc.org/bioconductor/trunk/madman/Rpacks/<PKGNAME>
>
> Similarly for experiment packages, where your package is available in devel at
>
> https://hedgehog.fhcrc.org/bioc-data/trunk/experiment/pkgs/<PKGNAME>
>
> The release branch of it is in:
>
> https://hedgehog.fhcrc.org/bioc-data/branches/RELEASE_3_1/experiment/pkgs/<PKGNAME>
>

> Normal development of your package can now resume here.
>
> Please let us know if you have any questions.

Was the wrong version bump done for the GitHub-SVN bridges, because
the 'bioc-sync' commits show release version numbers and not devel
ones?!

For instance, the aroma.light GitHub repository (master branch), which
should reflect the Bioc devel version, 'bioc-sync' made a commit
bumping the version from 1.39.5 to 1.40.0.  Note that this version is
the version for the Bioc release - not Bioc devel.  I would expect it
to be a bump to 1.41.0. Details:

https://github.com/HenrikBengtsson/affxparser/commit/ef10d93df696d018de3e426bc6c2c1b8256a9b06
(1.40.0)
https://hedgehog.fhcrc.org/bioconductor/branches/RELEASE_3_1/madman/Rpacks/affxparser/DESCRIPTION
(1.40.0)
https://hedgehog.fhcrc.org/bioconductor/trunk/madman/Rpacks/affxparser/DESCRIPTION
(1.41.0)

I've verified that the bridge is still to the Bioc devel SVN
(trunk/madman), because when I tweaked the Date in DESCRIPTION (with
the wrong Version field) and pushed to GitHub, that was reflected on
Bioc devel SVN  (trunk/madman).

I see the same for aroma.light as well:

https://github.com/HenrikBengtsson/aroma.light/commit/64b2bbef5b81baebc5da548110a0bf1c25d208e2
(2.4.0)
https://hedgehog.fhcrc.org/bioconductor/branches/RELEASE_3_1/madman/Rpacks/aroma.light/DESCRIPTION
(2.4.0)
https://hedgehog.fhcrc.org/bioconductor/trunk/madman/Rpacks/aroma.light/DESCRIPTION
(2.5.0)

Holding back with pushes via GitHub until I resolved. Let me know if
this is a FAQ.

Thanks,

Henrik