[Bioc-devel] Disabling commits to release today; Update NEWS files, biocViews

Dan Tenenbaum dtenenba at fredhutch.org
Thu Apr 9 21:05:28 CEST 2015

Hi,

Just a reminder that according to the release schedule (http://bioconductor.org/developers/release-schedule/#april-9) we will be disabling commits to the current release (3.0) branch today at 4:20PM Seattle time and then running one last build for that branch.

Also, another reminder to please update your NEWS files if you want recent package NEWS to be included in our release announcement; this should be done by 5PM seattle time on Monday April 13th.

Also, please make sure your biocViews are up-to-date/valid/relevant. This is important
because this is one of the main ways people will find your package. Refer to:

http://bioconductor.org/developers/how-to/biocViews/

Thanks,
Dan