[Bioc-devel] request for more notices about build issues

Sean Davis seandavi at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 20:33:35 CEST 2015

Is this a use case for a "graphical" build report that displays the build
status on a graph/DAG?

http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/release/bioc/vignettes/pkgDepTools/inst/doc/pkgDepTools.pdf

pkgDepTools, combined with a computable build report (a downloadable
version of the current build report), might allow a graphical (in both node
and edge as well as visual) build report.  I could envision a color scheme
applied to a figure like the last figure in the PDF above.  A little
functionality could be built to find the "root" of a build problem for any
specific package (to the extent that pkgDepTools can capture the
dependencies).

This is not a well-thought-out answer, so take it with a grain of salt.

Sean