[Bioc-devel] R-devel update schedule/strategy for Bioc devel build machines

Dan Tenenbaum dtenenba at fredhutch.org
Thu Oct 30 18:23:58 CET 2014

----- Original Message -----

No. We do it in response to the following events:

- significant changes in the R code
- "seems like a while since we last updated R"
- milestones leading up to release (release candidates, alpha, beta, etc).

You could scrape the build report daily to see if the version of R has changed.

 Also, do you guys grab them as tarballs, or
> checkout/update
> from the svn?

Tarballs.
Dan