[Bioc-devel] runnable examples for internal function ?

Martin, Tiphaine tiphaine.martin at kcl.ac.uk
Tue Oct 14 01:31:03 CEST 2014

Hi,

I wrote a list of functions used in my package called coMET. I decided with my colleagues to try to publish it in Bioconductor. Currently, it has not been yet submitted to bioconductor because I would like to be sure that it satisfies all your guidelines.
A list of functions is useful only internally. I saw that there are two methods to remove the function from the package index and to disable some of their automated tests: the first method is to put a dot as first letter, the second method is to put the "internal" keyword (http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/roxygen2/vignettes/rdkeywords.html).
I decided to use the second method to reduce to rewrite now all my package.

When I run the new version of BiocCheck Version 1.1.18 with empty \value and \example sections for function with "internal" keyword , I have error message asking to add no-empty runnable examples.

When I run the new version of BiocCheck Version 1.1.18 without \value and \example sections for function with "internal" keyword , I have error message asking to add non-empty \value sections.

with BiocCheck, version 1.0.2, I had a message for functions with "internal" keyword such as "
Checking exported objects have runnable examples...
* CONSIDER: Adding runnable examples to the following man pages
which document exported objects:"

I would like to know if I made a mistake to use internal keyword for this type of functions. What do I need to do ?

Which sections are mandatory in manual file and for which function I need to do a manual file ?

Regards,
Tiphaine