[Bioc-devel] runnable examples for internal function ?

Michael Lawrence lawrence.michael at gene.com
Mon Oct 13 22:52:19 CEST 2014

It would be nice to know the use case of the internal keyword here. I've
use it to avoid listing functions in the index (RGtk2 has thousands of
functions). But in general, it's not a good idea to be exporting things
that are truly internal. Perhaps internal methods on exported generics, but
even then, it's probably best to keep the aliases with the generic, or
something.