[Bioc-devel] no more commits allowed before release ?

Dan Tenenbaum dtenenba at fhcrc.org
Fri Oct 10 16:40:05 CEST 2014

----- Original Message -----

I see a commit at 2014-10-10 13:13:54 +0100 (your time) / 2014-10-10 05:11:29 -0700 (Seattle time).

Is that the one? The commit message is " Little addition of details to the description of DAM and NCN participation in the project."

We do not disable commits to trunk. We have disabled commits to the current release branch (Bioconductor 2.14) because 2.14 builds have stopped.

> I suppose I need to wait the release is out to push these changes
> again to
> update the SVN ? Or is it still possible to include those changes in
> the
> release? From the schedule, it still sounds possible "Package
> maintainers
> should limit changes to "show-stopper" bugs and documentation
> improvements."

It is possible, but there are very few build cycles left till the release, so please build and check your package locally before committing changes and then keep an eye on the build report to make sure that the package built ok.

Dan