[Bioc-devel] BiocStyle on windows with spaces in path names

Neumann, Steffen sneumann at ipb-halle.de
Mon Oct 6 22:34:36 CEST 2014

Hi,

sometimes I am forced to R CMD check packages on windows,
and my problem is that both the system-wide library and
the personal library with BiocStyle contain spaces, so that
BiocStyle::latex() results in:
\RequirePackage{C:/Program Files/R/R-3.1.0/library/BiocStyle/sty/Bioconductor}

which causes MiKTeX to fail with
! LaTeX Error: File `C:/ProgramFiles/R/R-3.1.0/library/BiocStyle/sty/Bioconductor.sty' not found.
(This is with BiocStyles-1.3.15)

What is the recommended solution here ? Installing R to a non-standard location ?
Use texlive instead of miktex (does that make a difference ?) Or something else ?

Yours,
Steffen