[Bioc-devel] Unreproducible build check warning

Valerie Obenchain vobencha at fhcrc.org
Mon Mar 17 18:49:11 CET 2014

Hi Antti,

It's looking for

\alias{[,scoreList,ANY-method}

The generic '[' can dispatch on arguments 'x', 'i' and 'j'.

>> getGeneric("[")
> standardGeneric for "[" defined from package "base"
>
> function (x, i, j, ..., drop = TRUE)
> standardGeneric("[", .Primitive("["))
> <bytecode: 0x237af30>
> <environment: 0x21d9f18>
> Methods may be defined for arguments: x, i, j, drop
> Use  showMethods("[")  for currently available ones.

The method you wrote for scoreList dispataches on 'x' as a scoreList
object but doesn't specify 'i' or 'j'. One of these indices must be
present in order for subsetting to happen. In this case (I believe) the
default is assuming 'i' as ANY and 'j' as missing.

For example, with the VCF class I've specified the method for ANY, ANY:

setMethod("[", c("VCF", "ANY", "ANY"),
     function(x, i, j, ..., drop=TRUE)
{

To see more examples,