[Bioc-devel] Freezen download statistics for packages

Luo Weijun luo_weijun at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 29 21:08:00 CET 2013

Dan,
The numbers were either the same or just increased by 1-3 counts (almost the same). This increment in one week doesn’t make sense statistically for packages with hundreds of downloads per month. I have checked about 10 packages, not only mine. Anyway, the chance for all these packages get either none or just a few downloads in a whole week is almost 0. I tend to believe this is a global issue.
I didn’t check the overall stats, but I did check the popular packages including this one with thousands of downloads:
http://bioconductor.org/packages/stats/bioc/VariantAnnotation.html
The download seen today is 1916/30123. You may want to see how much is the change in then next update.
Weijun