[Bioc-devel] Bug in voom/cbind for EList

Gordon K Smyth smyth at wehi.EDU.AU
Wed Jun 5 02:40:40 CEST 2013

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for the heads-up.  lib.size and design weren't originally intended
to be core components of an EList object, hence they weren't recognized in
the subsetting and cbinding.

Anyway, I have now committed a fix to limma on bioc-devel so that lib.size
and design are now respected by subsetting and cbinding.  voom() now
stores the (effective) lib.size as a column of the targets data.frame
rather than as a separate component.

Best wishes
Gordon

Professor Gordon K Smyth,
Bioinformatics Division,
Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research,
1G Royal Parade, Parkville, Vic 3052, Australia.
http://www.statsci.org/smyth