[Bioc-devel] Bug in voom/cbind for EList

Ryan C. Thompson rct at thompsonclan.org
Wed Jun 5 01:28:01 CEST 2013

Hi Gordon,

I'm implementing the "voom-by-group" procedure that you suggested
previously, and I'm running into a small snag: when I call voom several
times to get several EList objects, I then need to cbind them together.
However, the design and lib.size components of the ELists are not
merged, but rather are simply taken from the first element. Also, when
subsetting an EList by columns, it seems that lid.size does not get
subsetted, but is copied whole.

Obviously I can work around these issues after having discovered them,
but I wanted to let you know in case you want to fix them.

-Ryan